Why Won't Healthcare Workers Take The Swine Flu Vaccine?
/* 468x60, */
According to a study released August 26, 2009 by the British Medical Journal, more than half of Hong Kong's healthcare workers surveyed said they would refuse the H1N1 shot, which is not yet available, because they are afraid of side effects and doubt how safe and effective it will be. More importantly, the study suggested the trend would be repeated worldwide.
"The truth is that vaccines aren't effective, generally carry dangerous side effects, and in many cases actually fuel the spread of pandemics," said Dr. Leonard Horowitz, a Harvard University trained medical researcher who also holds a Master's Degree in Public Health. "The fact is that most healthcare workers know this, and they don't trust that any swine flu vaccine will do anything but cause more problems and potential harm to the patients they care for."
In Dr. Horowitz's view, vaccines do more harm than good, and are little more than a way for the pharmaceutical companies to profit from epidemics and side effects.
"The H1N1 swine flu shot is more of a drug than a vaccine given the list of toxic chemical ingredients causing side effects including Guillain-Barre syndrome, a deadly paralyzing disorder widespread after the 1976 swine flu vaccination campaign," Dr. Horowitz continued.
Dr. Horowitz created the CD and DVD exposÃ "Horowitz On Vaccines," from Tetrahedron Publishing Group (www.drlenhorowitz.com), to teach people about vaccination risks following his mother's death from the 1976 swine flu vaccine. He has researched the history and effectiveness of vaccines, and believes when vaccine risks are considered, doctors and parents can make more informed decisions.
About Dr. Leonard Horowitz
Dr. Leonard G. Horowitz is an internationally known authority in the overlapping fields of public health, behavioral science, emerging diseases, and natural healing. He is also a Harvard University trained medical researcher and expert in public health. He earned a Master of Public Health degree from Harvard University focused on behavioral science and media persuasion technologies, and a Master of Arts degree in health education/counseling psychology from Beacon College.
He has authored sixteen books including the bestseller "Healing Codes for the Biological Apocalypse." Dr. Horowitz is the co-founder of Healthy World Organization, a group bringing jobs to America through expanding markets in alternative medicine, natural healing, and personal healthcare products and services.
British Medical Journal
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- Independently Owned Ethnic Restaurants Have More Food Safety Violations
- Risk Factors For Severe Outcomes Among Patients Admitted To Hospital With H1N1
- Hands-Free Texting Application Developed By Clemson Researchers
- Call For Legislation To Criminalise Public Hospital Data Manipulation, Australia
- Public Hospital Management Boards Are Part Of The Solution - Australian Medical Association
- First Aid For Seizures Portrayed Inaccurately On Popular TV Dramas
- Developing Guidelines For Better Reporting Of Health Research
- Charging Less For More Effective Treatments Could Reduce Health Care Costs While Improving Health
- British Medical Association Launches Public Campaign Against NHS Commercialisation
- Study Identifies Racial And Ethnic Disparities In Surgical Care
horowitz, leonard horowitz, horowitz vaccines, horowitz continued, horowitz harvard, horowitz leonard, horowitz healthy, apocalypse horowitz, campaign horowitz, exposÃ horowitz