Bupa Accused Of Bullying Tactics Over Physiotherapist's Fees Which Testament Restrict Patient Choice
/* 468x60, */
Bupa has allot in progress a crusade to lower the fees that physios charge their members, and to section the number of approved providers, which will decimate the production and restrict patient choice.
Physios should annex the commercial autonomy to fix their own fees and to request that their patients situate their accounts following treatment.
Bupa are trying to reduce the number of Physios holding approved provider status from the current unit of 13,000 practitioners to 1000, thereby severely restricting patient choice.
Facing an ultimate of rising costs and falling revenue, Bupa is exercising its considerable corporate muscle to propel Physiotherapists, in private practices all over the country, into absorbing core cost-bearing functions. Bupa has admitted using its controlling market position to compulsion district Physiotherapists to appropriate over the major share of its claims processing in an effort to transfer costs and increase its own margins.
Bupa originally stated in discussions with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and the Private Practitioners Association (Physio First) in Oct 2008 that it wanted to cull the figure of physios it recognized to treat its members from 13,000 to 1000. Bupa have since retreated from this position in discussions with the CSP but not before they had caused widespread trepidation in the industry. Private physiotherapy is expressly made up of sole practitioners or tiny businesses. In the ongoing economic climate, the threat of losing a knowing proportion of income is of grave worry to physiotherapists.
Bupa's pursuit to pop and impose onerous, one sided, contracts on sucker practitioners will inevitably disenfranchise patients. The tough contractual terms existence proposed will thirst for a substantial increase in age spent on unproductive, at liberty state on Bupa's behalf. The conclusion will be less time spent with the patient and a eloquent degeneration in the personal bond between patient and Physiotherapist that is essential to accelerated recovery.
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- APTA Calls On Congress To Restore Access To Rehabilitative Services For Medicare Beneficiaries
- What Is Paget's Disease Of Bone? What Causes Paget's Disease?
- Most Patients Gain Weight After Getting A New Knee
- Spacial Awareness Affected By Hands
- Help Hospitalized Veterans HHV Reports Benefits Of Craft Kit Therapy
- Physical Therapists Offer Snow Shovelers Advice To Avoid Injuries
- NHS Confederation Statement On National Audit Office Major Trauma Care Report
- In A High-Risk Region, Heart Patients Up Their Survival Odds
- Periodic Paralysis Study Reveals Gene Causing Disorder
- What Is Repetitive Strain Injury RSI ? What Causes Repetitive Strain Injury?
bupa, choice bupa, bupa accused, bupa admitted, bupa exercising, bupa allot, bupa reduce, bupa since, bupa originally, revenue bupa