Acne Hits Teens Hard - There Are Treatments Available
Accutane is a drug that can produce miraculous results. It can also cause serious harm to some patients. If you are considering taking accutane, please note the following, possible side effects.
1) Birth Defects
This can include deformities, miscarriages, death and premature births.
2) Mental Health Problems
That which are too numerous to list within this article.
3) Brain Problems
Accutane can increase the pressure in the brain. This can lead to permanent loss of eyesight and even death. Contact your doctor if you experience headache, blurred vision, dizziness, nausea or vomiting, seizures or stroke.
4) Stomach Problems
Some symptoms can mean that internal organs are being damaged. Such organs include the liver, pancreas, intestines and esophagus. Contact your doctor if you experience severe stomach, chest or bowel pain, trouble swallowing, new or worsening heartburn, diarrhea, rectal bleeding, yellowing of skin or eyes and dark urine.
5) Bone & Muscle Problems
Accutane may affect bones, muscles and ligaments and cause pain in your joints or muscles. Contact your doctor if you experience back pain, joint pain or a broken bone. Accutane can also stop long bone growth in teenagers who are still growing.
6) Hearing Problems
Accutane can cause hearing loss which can include ringing in the ears. Stop taking accutane if this condition occurs.
7) Vision Problems
Accutane may affect your ability to see in the dark. This condition often clears up after you stop taking the medication, but it may be permanent.
8) Lipid Problems
Accutane can raise the level of fats and cholesterol in your blood.
9) Allergic Reactions
Some people may develop hives, a swollen face or mouth, or have trouble breathing
10) Blood Sugar Problems
Accutane may cause blood sugar problems, including diabetes.
11) Decreased Red & White Blood Cells
Call your doctor if you are having trouble breathing, feeling faint or feeling weak.
12) Common, Less Serious Side Effects
These can include dry skin, chapped lips, dry eyes, and dry nose that may lead to nosebleeds.
The above list is not exhaustive. There are other potential side effects that have not been listed. As always, contact your doctor if you are feeling any negative side effects from taking accutane.
Added: 14 июня 2008
- Acne Free in 3 Days - Review
- Acne Free in 3 Days by Chris Gibson - Review
- Causes of Adult Acne - Who is Affected Most?
- Young Lady With Acne Problems
- Myths About Acne and Your Diet
- What Really is Acne?
- Acne Diet - 3 Foods That Cause Acne
- How to Get Rid of Acne - Here Are the Stunning Tips No One Will Ever Share With You
- Simple Ways to Fight Acne
- Top 5 Tips to Stop Acne Fast Permanently
- Fast Acne Cures - 3 Methods to Eliminate Acne
- 7 Steps to Deal With Acne
- How to Get Rid of Acne Quickly and Easily
- Types of Acne Scar Removal Treatments Available Today
- A Closer Look At Proactiv