How to Lose Fat - Top Five Foods That Increase Metabolism
Losing fat doesn't need to be difficult or stressful. By implementing the following five foods into your diet, you will not only increase your metabolism but you will lose fat which is stored in your body. The metabolic process changes your caloric intake into energy. You need this energy in order for your body to function properly.
Your metabolism is always on the move - whether you are sleeping or exercising. Metabolism plays an important role in creating new cells and tissue. If your metabolism is sluggish, it doesn't burn fat as easily which leads to weight gain and you will not be able to lose fat. By adding exercise to your daily schedule, you increase your metabolism even more!
By incorporating these five foods into your daily diet, you will not only increase your metabolism but you break down fat within cells which will help you lose fat over time.
1. Whole Grains: Choose whole grain breads, pasta and brown rice which are packed with fiber. Steel cut oatmeal makes a healthy breakfast. The fiber found in whole grains lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) levels and will help you lose fat.
2. Fruits and Vegetables: Not only do fruits and vegetables contain essential vitamins and minerals, they play an important role in the fat-burning process. Other rich sources of fiber can be found in broccoli and berries. Fruits and vegetables also contain important antioxidants which help fight disease such as cancer.
3. Low Fat Yogurt: Yogurt plays an effective role in the metabolic process. Yogurt is packed with calcium - a mineral is much needed to build healthy, strong bones. If the body doesn't get enough calcium, it releases calcitrol - a hormone which causes the body to store fat, making it very difficult to lose fat. By eating low fat yogurt, the calcium found in yogurt helps regulate fat storage which promotes weight loss.
4. Lean Turkey: Lean meats such as turkey also increase the metabolic process. Turkey contains protein which is essential for building muscle mass. Turkey contains an important amino acid leucine which keeps muscle mass intact which will help you to lose fat. The protein found in lean turkey increases the body's metabolic rate (which aids in further weight loss).
5. Peanuts: Peanuts help regulates the body's blood sugar levels which help with hunger pangs. Opt for low salt peanuts - too much salt can elevate blood pressure which isn't healthy.
Additional tips to remember when increasing the body's metabolism:
Don't skip breakfast because that slows down the metabolic process. It's important to start the day off with breakfast. Choose healthy breakfast options such as steel-cut oatmeal or fruit.
Don't starve yourself. Do not drop caloric intake to under 1,000 calories per day. When your body goes into starvation mode, you slow down your metabolism which isn't healthy for the body, and makes it hard for you to lose fat.
Eat smaller meals on a more frequent basis. Smaller, frequent meals regulate blood sugar levels (glucose) and keep your metabolism running efficiently (which keeps off the pounds!)
Incorporate aerobic exercise such as cycling, running, swimming or walking into your daily routine. It's important to increase your heart rate which speeds up the metabolism and aids in burning calories and will aid you to lose fat.
Added: 16 марта 2011
- Lose Weight Fast With Positive Self Talk
- Best Diets For Belly Fat And Foods That Help Build Muscle - Simple and Easy
- Laxatives in Weight Loss
- Effective Diet Tips to Lose Weight
- Super Slim African Mango, Is It The Best Diet Pill For 2011?
- Some Potential Cellulite Home Remedies
- Weigh Less By Eating Less Meat
- The Best Liposuction Alternative
- Diets - Do They Work?
- Lose Fat Not Muscle