Cleaning Needs For Your Growing Small Business
So your small business has finally grown to the point where you are ready for some employees and some office space. You have found a small rental property that fits your budget. You have hired some talented people to work with you in that new office. But, who is going to clean it?
Office cleaning might be something that you forgot to consider. While working from home, you probably incorporated cleaning your workspace with the rest of your home. Or, you might have found that you just work better if you leave everything out and just clean up once a month.
However, now that you have employees who have to share that space with you, letting it build up is no longer an option. You need to provide a clean and clutter-free work environment for your employees.
While you may be thinking that you will just make everyone responsible to keep their own work area neat, you are forgetting about the common areas (bathrooms, break room, hallways, etc.). Also, what about trash? What about flooring? Will you expect your employees to dust? Don't forget that office machines like shredders can create more dust.
The first thing you should look into is whether the property management company from whom you are leasing offers janitorial services as part of the lease. If the general cleaning is not included, is there a company that already services other businesses in the building? Perhaps you can get a good rate since they are already in the building.
Your other choices are to either get your hands dirty and tackle the cleaning yourself (not the best way for the boss to spend his/her time) or you can hire an office cleaning company. The cost of the cleaning will vary based not only on the company you hire, but also your location, the size of your office space, and the type of cleaning needed.
Be sure to research the janitorial company that you choose. Happy hunting!
Added: 07 февраля 2010
- Business Dough - There Are Alternatives to Get Money For Your Business
- Discover Business Partnership 'How To'
- Choose the Business That You Want
- Buying a Business and Verifying the Results
- Small Business Managers Train Your Staff to Create a Competitive Edge
- Setting Up a Beauty Salon
- Small Business Managers - What Makes You Different?
- The Secret to Increasing Your Business Profits
- Flea Market Merchandise That Makes Money
- Carpet Cleaning Vans - When to Use a Portable Carpet Extractor