Depomed Announces Allowance Of U.S. Patent Covering Gastric Retentive Gabapentin Dosage Forms
/* 468x60, */
Depomed, Inc. (NASDAQ:DEPO) announced that it has received a Notice of Allowance from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for a U.S. patent application (No. 12/239,591) directed to pharmaceutical dosage forms that deliver the compound gabapentin via Depomed's proprietary Acuform® gastric retentive drug delivery technology.
Paul B. Simboli, Depomed's senior director of Intellectual Property, noted that with the issuance of this additional patent, Depomed will hold six U.S. patents covering DM-1796, its product candidate for postherpetic neuralgia licensed to Solvay Pharmaceuticals, and holds or has sublicensed seven U.S. patents covering SeradaTM, its product candidate for menopausal hot flashes. The patents have expiration dates ranging from 2016 to 2024. The 21 newly allowed claims will expire in 2024.
Carl A. Pelzel, Depomed's president and chief executive officer, added, "This new patent further expands the patent portfolio around our extended release gabapentin formulation technology. There are significant near-term developments upcoming for both product candidates covered by this patent. We look forward to an NDA filing for DM-1796 for the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia later this quarter, and initiation of a Phase 3 trial for SeradaTM for the treatment of menopausal hot flashes early in the second quarter."
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- Early Menopause Can Result In Earlier Onset Dementia
- Depomed Comments On FDA Guidance And Plans For One Additional Phase 3 Clinical Trial Evaluating Non-Hormonal Therapy For Menopausal Hot Flashes
- Aneeve To Develop Sensors To Monitor Hormone Levels For Menopause, Fertility
- Appeals Court Reinstates More Than 100 Lawsuits Against Makers Of HRT Prempro
- HIV-Infected Postmenopausal Women At High Risk For Bone Fractures
- Unsealed Court Documents Reveal Details Of Lawsuits Over Hormone Therapy
- Antidepressants May Increase Risk Of Stroke And Death
- Pfizer Inc. Affirms Confidence In Its Hormone Therapy Medicines As Important Treatment Options
- Osteologix Inc. Announces Plans To File For European Marketing Authorization For Proprietary Osteoporosis Drug
- Modifiable Risk Factors For Heart Disease Identified By New Research
patent, allowance patent, patent covering, patent further, patent depomed, patent trademark, patent application, patent nda, patent portfolio, additional patent