Publication Of New Research Report Of The Max-DelbrÃ ck Center
/* 468x60, */
The Max DelbrÃ ck Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) Berlin-Buch has published its new research report. In the 284-page book, 54 research groups at the MDC give an overview of their work in 2008 and 2009. Research at the MDC focuses on cardiovascular disease, metabolic disorders, cancer, and neurosciences. However, as MDC Director, Professor Walter Rosenthal clearly pointed out in his introduction: "Research at MDC is not limited to individual organs or diseases. Molecular research almost always transcends disciplinary barriers. This state-of-affairs has become particularly clear through the new research approaches such as systems biology, a discipline that investigates biological processes in a holistic context in cells, tissues, and whole organisms".
Prof. Rosenthal pointed out that science is presently experiencing a rapid development of new technologies and methods. For instance, new high-throughput methods can produce amazing amounts of data in very short time periods that were not even conceivable 10 years ago. "These methods not only open up hitherto fore unimagined possibilities; but also bring with them new and unexpected challenges."
At the same time, Professor Rosenthal also emphasized that the molecular medical research of the MDC was to have as its final focus on projects involving normal human volunteers and patients. For that reason, the MDC and the CharitÃ will continued their joint cooperative effort in terms of the Experimental and Clinical Research Center (ECRC). The ECRC has an own section within the report. Furthermore, numerous MDC research groups have direct cooperative interactions with the ECRC.
The research report contains overviews of the MDC's main research areas in German and English. The reports of the individual research groups, which are primarily for intended for interested scientists, are in English.
Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- Significant Hazards Discovered In New Research On Secondhand Smoke
- Immediate Risk Of Suicide And Cardiovascular Death After A Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- Migraine May Be Linked To Heart Disease
- Pitt County Memorial Hospital Adopts TandemHeart R -versatile Circulatory Support Device From CardiacAssist
- Women's Heart Health Takes Center Stage In February
- German Appeals Court Says CoreValve Devices From Medtronic Do Not Infringe Edwards Lifesciences' Andersen Patent
- C-reactive Protein: Not A Routine Test For Heart Disease
- New American Heart Association Survey Finds Heart Disease And Stroke Patients Face Significant Barriers In Obtaining Quality, Affordable Care
- American Heart Association Comment On Hospitalization Of President Bill Clinton
- Heart Disease: IQ Among Strongest Predictors, Second Only To Cigarette Smoking In Large Population Study
research, research report, research groups, publication research, research mdc, medical research, research centres, research ecrc, research approaches, research transcends