ASGE Recognizes 32 Endoscopy Units For Quality And Safety
/* 468x60, */
The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) has recognized 32 endoscopy units as part of its program specifically dedicated to promoting quality in endoscopy, in all settings where it is practiced in the United States. The ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program honors endoscopy units that follow the ASGE guidelines on privileging, quality assurance, endoscopy reprocessing and CDC infection control guidelines. To date, 166 endoscopy units have been recognized by ASGE.
"ASGE is delighted to be recognizing these 32 endoscopy units, whose staff work hard every day to provide high-quality care to their patients in a safe environment," said Bret T. Petersen, MD, FASGE, chairman, ASGE Quality Assurance in Endoscopy Committee. "There continues to be an outstanding response to this program. We are proud to acknowledge these ASGE members through our Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program for their commitment to promoting the highest standards of safety and quality."
An important component of the program is an educational course that thoroughly reviews related guidelines. Honorees attended the "Improving Quality and Safety in Your Endoscopy Unit" course held in Oak Brook, Ill., in October 2009.
Upon completion of the program, units receive an ASGE "Certificate of Recognition" for promoting quality in endoscopy. This symbol can be displayed to let patients and referring physicians know that the endoscopy unit is dedicated to delivering high-quality endoscopic care and has received specialized training around these principles.
New ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program Honorees
- Atherton Endoscopy Center, Atherton, CA
- Barnes Jewish Hospital, Digestive Diseases Clinical Center, Saint Louis, MO
- Carolina Endoscopy Center-Monroe, Monroe, NC
- Cotton O'Neil Clinic - Digestive Health Center, Topeka, KS
- Digestive Endoscopy Center, LLC, Springboro, OH
- Digestive Health Center of Indiana, P.C., Indiana, PA
- Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Edinburg, TX
- El Camino Hospital, Mountain View, CA
- Endoscopy Center of Columbus, LLC, Columbus, GA
- Endoscopy Center of Santa Rosa, Inc., Santa Rosa, CA
- Four Season Endoscopy Center, Beaver Falls, PA
- Indiana Endoscopy Center, Indianapolis, IN
- Indiana Endoscopy Center - Avon, Avon, IN
- Indiana Endoscopy Center - Fishers, Fishers, IN
- Lone Star Endoscopy, Keller, TX
- Louisville Endoscopy Center, Louisville, KY
- Mid Peninsula Endoscopy Center, San Mateo, CA
- Midwest Endoscopy Center, Omaha, NE
- Olympia Multi-Specialty Clinic, Olympia, WA
- Parrish Medical Center, Titusville, FL
- Physicians Surgery Center of Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN
- Regional Surgicenter, Moline, IL
- Riverdale Gastroenterology Consultants, Bronx, NY
- Salem Gastroenterology Consultants, Salem, OR
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, Chula Vista, CA
- Shreveport Endoscopy Center, AMC, Shreveport, LA
- University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- University of Michigan - General Surgery, Ann Arbor, MI
- VA Western NY Healthcare System, Buffalo, NY
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology, Winston Salem, NC
- West Chester Medical Center, West Chester, OH
- Weymouth Endoscopy LLC, Weymouth, MA
To successfully complete the program and receive a Certificate of Recognition, a center must show proof of successful and current accreditation by a recognized accrediting body (AAAHC, Joint Commission); sign an attestation affirming that certain ASGE and CDC guidelines are adopted as minimum requirements of the unit policy; have a representative of the unit complete the ASGE Recognition Course, "Improving Quality and Safety In Your Endoscopy Unit;" and submit the application fee(s). The Certificate of Recognition award is granted for a three-year renewable period.
The program is applicable to all settings in the United States where endoscopy is practiced, including office-based endoscopy units, hospital-based endoscopy units, and stand-alone ambulatory endoscopy or surgery centers.
As a benefit of successfully completing the program, endoscopy units will receive the ASGE Certificate of Recognition for Promoting Quality in Endoscopy, patient brochures - Ensuring the Safety of Your Endoscopic Procedure, access to advice from reprocessing experts and more. For a list of the full benefits, log on to http://www.asge.org.
ASGE and Quality
ASGE is the profession's leader in setting standards of excellence in endoscopy through its safety guidelines and the training of its members so that patients receive the best and safest care possible. The Society constantly reinforces the importance of quality among its members through member communications, such as emails and newsletters, and its CME courses, including "Improving Quality and Safety in Your Endoscopy Unit."
The program course is being repeated in 2010. To register, as well as for a list of full requirements and benefits of the Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program, log on to http://www.asge.org..
Improving Quality and Safety in Your Endoscopy Unit
May 22, 2010
Oak Brook Hills Marriott Resort
Oak Brook, IL
December 4, 2010
San Francisco, CA
For more details on registering for these courses, go to http://www.asge.org.
American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- NovaShunt Starts Its Pivotal Clinical Study PIONEER To Demonstrate The Clinical Value Of The AFS System
- Loyola Surgeon Uses Novel Technique To Perform Complicated Colon Surgery
- Virulent Bacteria Offer Insight Into Host-Pathogen Interactions
- Seeking A Vaccine For Helicobacter pylori In Chilean Patients
- Lactobacillus Improves Helicobacter Pylori Infected Gastritis
- Helicobacter pylori BabA2 Relates With Atrophic Gastritis In Costa Rica
- Non-Hospitalised Patients With Active Inflammatory Bowel Disease Are 16 Times More Likely To Suffer A Blood Clot Than The General Population
- Is Simple Or Atypical Intestinal Metapasia Closer To Gastric Cancer?
- Helicobacter pylori And EBV In Gastric Carcinomas
- The Clinical Course Of Subepithelial Lesions
endoscopy, endoscopy units, endoscopy unit, safety endoscopy, recognizes endoscopy, indiana endoscopy, quality endoscopy, endoscopy llc, gastrointestinal endoscopy, asge endoscopy