Eating Disorder Hope, A New One-Stop Resource For Everything About Eating Disorders, Seeks To End Eating Disordered Behavior
/* 468x60, */
Millions of Americans suffer from eating disorders and many don't know where to turn to for help. Jacquelyn Ekern, a licensed counselor and founder of Eating Disorder Hope, launched the site, http://www.eatingdisorderhope.com, to provide a comprehensive resource for support, referrals and education about eating disorders.
"My past battle with and recovery from an eating disorder fueled my passion to help others," said Ekern. "My goal is to become a global resource for help and healing in eating disorder treatment. My advice for individuals with eating disorders is to get help because these disorders rarely resolve themselves. Finding professionals specialized in the field is key to successful recovery."
Eating Disorder Hope offers information and resources to those suffering from eating disorders, their treatment providers and loved ones by providing articles, book suggestions, a virtual library, inspirational recovery stories, relapse prevention and recovery tools.
"I wish Eating Disorder Hope existed when I was struggling with an eating disorder," said Jenni Schaefer, author ofLife Without Ed: How One Woman Declared Independence from Her Eating Disorder and How You Can Too. "I felt lost and like no one understood what I was going through. With just one click, Eating Disorder Hope gives people touched by eating disorders much needed support - letting them know that they're not alone, that there is hope, and most of all that people can and do fully recover."
The work of http://www.eatingdisorderhope.com is possible due to the support of sponsors including platinum sponsoring partner: Rader Programs; platinum sponsors, Remuda Ranch and Rogers Memorial; and silver sponsor, Linden Oaks at Edward.
"Eating Disorder Hope is a one-stop source for the best information about eating disorders on the Internet," said Sari Shepphird, psychologist, eating disorder specialist and author of 100 Questions and Answers About AnorexiaNervosa. "It is one of the most trustworthy and informative Web sites available today."
Eating Disorder Hope
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- Nation's Pioneering Eating Disorder Treatment Facility Expands Services Internationally
- Stomach Pacemakers Help Kids Keep Food Down - Implanted Device Uses Electronic Stimulators To Regulate Digestion
- Tips To Stop Emotional Eating Because Food Doesn't Fix Stress
- Why Anorexic Patients Cling To Their Eating Disorder
- Risk Factors Of Disordered Eating In Overweight Youth Identified By U Of M Study
- New Research Finds That Bingeing Increases Opioids In Brain Area That Controls Food Intake
- Review Provides New Insights Into The Causes Of Anorexia
- Psychologists Investigate Cognitive Failings Of Eating Disorder Sufferers
- New Plans To Improve Eating Disorder Services In Wales
- What Is Scurvy? What Causes Scurvy?
eating, eating disorder, eating disorders, end eating, everything eating, eating disordered, behavior eating, recovery eating, healing eating, education eating