International Diabetes Federation Awards US 2 Million To 9 Global Diabetes Research Projects
/* 468x60, */
IDF reinforces its support to translational research in diabetes with the second round of its funding programme, BRIDGES (Bringing Research in Diabetes to Global Environments and Systems).
Nine new diabetes research projects will be funded for a total of US$2 million over the next three years as part of the International Diabetes Federation's (IDF) translational research grant programme, BRIDGES.
A total of 157 applications were considered for the second round of funding. The chosen projects address important issues in primary and secondary prevention of diabetes in different parts of the world.
"BRIDGES is a key programme for IDF's work and mission. The support of translational research projects is critical in a world facing various global health challenges, including diabetes," said IDF President Jean Claude Mbanya.
"Just like the first phase, this round of the programme has a true global impact. The research carried out will have far reaching implications in Austria, China, Colombia, Haiti, India, the Philippines, South Africa and the US," Prof Mbanya added.
The projects focus on topics such as lifestyle intervention to prevent type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes, peer support, foot inspection for the visually impaired and the impact of motivational interviewing.
A full description of each project is available at http://www.idfbridges.org.
Nancy Matos International Diabetes Federation
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- NICE Appraisal Of Liraglutide For Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Regulates Beta Cell Function In Healthy Humans
- NHS Diabetes Care Continues To Improve, UK
- Role Of Protein Pair In Obesity Regulation Highlighted By Research
- Biodel To Present Results From VIAject R Phase 3 Studies At Advanced Technologies And Treatments For Diabetes Conference In Basel
- Eye Damage From Diabetes Remains The Leading Cause Of Blindness In Adults; 5.3 Million In U.S. Suffer From Diabetic Retinopathy
- Is 2 Years Old A Childhood Obesity Tipping Point?
- Doctors Urged To Manage Cardiovascular Risk Factors Of Migraine Sufferers
- GI Dynamics' EndoBarrier trade; Gastrointestinal Liner To Be Highlighted At Upcoming Cleveland Clinic Conference
- Analysis Shows Minorities Less Likely To Receive Cornerstone Diabetes Test
diabetes, international diabetes, diabetes research, diabetes federation, global diabetes, research diabetes, diabetes global, diabetes parts, diabetes round, diabetes idf