Biomarkers In Cardiovascular Endocrinology: The Endocrine Society's 2009 Corporate Liaison Board Forum
/* 468x60, */
The Endocrine Society's Corporate Liaison Board (CLB) will host its annual forum on Wednesday June 10, as part of ENDO 09, the Society's 91th Annual Meeting. The 2009 topic for the forum is "Biomarkers in Cardiovascular Endocrinology in Clinical Trials & Drug Development."
The forum includes speakers from industry, academia, and government engaged in multi-perspective discussion on biomarkers in cardiovascular endocrinology, specifically as they relate to clinical trials and drug development. Issues to be discussed by forum participants include:
- The Mandate for Development of Biomarkers of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease: Future Implications
David A. Fryburg, MD-- Pfizer, Inc.
- Novel Cardiovascular Biomarkers: Experience with Lp-PLA2
Joseph P. McConnell, PhD-- Mayo Clinic
- Biomarkers in Cardiovascular Endocrinology in Clinical Trials and Drug Development: Regulatory Perspective
Mary H. Parks, MD-- US Food and Drug Administration
"This yearly forum provides an excellent opportunity for all perspectives to join together to discuss critical health issues-from the laboratory to drug development through the regulatory process," said Society Program Director, Sethu K. Reddy, MD, MBA. "We encourage a thoughtful interchange between panelists and forum attendees."
The CLB serves as an opportunity for regular and direct communication between the Society, The Hormone Foundation, and the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry in endocrinology. The 2009 forum will be held at the Renaissance Washington DC Hotel in the Grand Ballroom. The session begins at 6:30 p.m. (ET). Reporters may register by contacting Arlyn G. Riskind at (202) 431-9495; firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Endocrine Society
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- Use Of Statins Increases The Risk Of Developing Type 2 Diabetes But Reduces Coronary Events
- Heart Failure Worse When Right Ventricle Goes Bad
- Cooling Inflammation For Healthier Arteries
- Experts Identify Why Women And African Americans Face A Greater Risk Of Dying From Heart Disease Than White Men And What Can Be Done About It
- New Book Helps Pharmacists Play Larger Role In Heart Health
- Novel Screening Technique Identifies New Effects Of Approved Drugs For Cardiovascular Disease
- Compound Shows Promise Against Intractable Heart Failure
- Researchers Find Air Pollution Linked To Progression Of Atherosclerosis
- Heart-Assist Device Helped Ready 16-Year-Old For Successful Surgery
- Seven Signs That May Warn Of A Rare Heart Condition
forum, board forum, forum biomarkers, forum held, forum provides, forum includes, forum participants, forum wednesday, forum endocrine, forum attendees