Lower Blood Glucose Levels Lessen Heart Disease Risk, Says New Research
/* 468x60, */
New research claims that people with diabetes can chop their risk of a love blitzkrieg if they lower their blood glucose levels.
The glance at by researchers at the University of Cambridge pooled the cue collected on 33,000 patients across five trials.
About the study
They erect that intensive treatment of Type 2 diabetes led to 17 per cent fewer affection attacks.
How the announce was conducted
In the study, persons in the sample group maintained blood glucose levels at an average of 7.5 per cent HbA1c, while those in the intensive group maintained HbA1c levels of an principles of 6.6 per cent.
The study's findings
The study form that the second aggregation had 17 per cent fewer feelings attacks and 15 per cent less chance of emotions disease compared with the elementary group.
However, it also fix this did not reduce the quantity of deaths.
Reducing diabetes complications
"This evaluation is a meta-analysis which looks at five odd studies and reinforces the importance of good blood glucose authority in general public with diabetes," said Dr Vic King, Probation Manager at Diabetes UK.
"Diabetes UK advises that people with diabetes should work in relation to interest their blood glucose levels within the entity ranges agreed with their healthcare team. This reduces the risk of long-term diabetes complications such as passion disease, kidney disease and stroke as beefy as short-term diabetes complications such as hypoglycaemia."
Target blood glucose levels
For someone without diabetes, the glucose levels in the blood average between 4 and 5 per cent using a measurement called HbA1c (glycosolated haemoglobin).
For people with diabetes, these levels can be yet higher, but, with the help of medication and lifestyle changes, the male should stop to cache them either under 6.5 per cent or 7.5 per cent whether they are at risk of hypoglycaemia (hypo).
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- Use Of Statins Increases The Risk Of Developing Type 2 Diabetes But Reduces Coronary Events
- Heart Failure Worse When Right Ventricle Goes Bad
- Cooling Inflammation For Healthier Arteries
- Experts Identify Why Women And African Americans Face A Greater Risk Of Dying From Heart Disease Than White Men And What Can Be Done About It
- New Book Helps Pharmacists Play Larger Role In Heart Health
- Novel Screening Technique Identifies New Effects Of Approved Drugs For Cardiovascular Disease
- Compound Shows Promise Against Intractable Heart Failure
- Researchers Find Air Pollution Linked To Progression Of Atherosclerosis
- Heart-Assist Device Helped Ready 16-Year-Old For Successful Surgery
- Seven Signs That May Warn Of A Rare Heart Condition
diabetes, people diabetes, diabetes complications, diabetes uk, diabetes work, diabetes glucose, diabetes levels, diabetes chop, diabetes led, diabetes said