Dr. Reddy's Receives Approval For Three INDs And Announces Reorganization Of Its Drug Discovery Operations
/* 468x60, */
Dr. Reddy's announced that the ahead human subjects were successfully dosed in a chapter I interpret with DRL 17822, a selective inhibitor of CETP, for the treatment of dyslipidemia, atherosclerosis and associated cardiovascular diseases. The compound shows potent elevation in HDL-C and reduction of atherosclerotic plaques in animals, and has a disinfected safety profile in preclinical studies. The two other IND's are for the treatment of COPD and dyslipidemia.
Dr. Reddy's besides announced that effective The middle of summer 1, 2009 the Narcotic Discovery operations at Hyderabad will be absorbed into Aurigene, a thoroughly owned independent subsidiary of the company. Aurigene is a partnership based Drug Discovery biotech headquartered in Bangalore. The Discovery Probation resources - employees, difficulty and infrastructure testament transition into growth income of Aurigene, which will at once operate out of two sites - Bangalore and Hyderabad.
In addition, Dr. Reddy's will be creating a fresh aggregation to polestar on Proprietary Products development, which will be chargeable for building the proprietary, branded R&D portfolio in collaboration with indefinite partners and service providers. This construction will job with Aurigene and other Discovery Biotechs to insure effective authority of the ongoing and forthcoming drug discovery programs. All the existing Intellectual Belongings will be owned and managed by this current unit. This group will besides accept answerability for the evolution portfolio and the company's differentiated formulations efforts.
As part of the reorganization, the gathering will close the Atlanta Research facility in the US.
Talking about the reorganization, G V Prasad, Vise Chairman & CEO said "We chalk up been working at delivering sustained growth with profitability to significantly develop shareholder returns. As we prioritize our company-wide research and adding to spending, we will now be placing greatest importance on R&D activities that can posses a meaning impact on near-term earnings, while not losing seat on long-term interests of the company."
Aurigene - Hyderabad, as Discovery Research will be called, will announcement into CSN Murthy, CEO - Aurigene. Dr. Rajinder Kumar, Head of the state - R&D and Commercialization will stepping down to pursue interests beyond Dr. Reddy's once the transition is completed, but will extend to announce the proprietary products group on diverse things beyond July 1, 2009.
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- Use Of Statins Increases The Risk Of Developing Type 2 Diabetes But Reduces Coronary Events
- Heart Failure Worse When Right Ventricle Goes Bad
- Cooling Inflammation For Healthier Arteries
- Experts Identify Why Women And African Americans Face A Greater Risk Of Dying From Heart Disease Than White Men And What Can Be Done About It
- New Book Helps Pharmacists Play Larger Role In Heart Health
- Novel Screening Technique Identifies New Effects Of Approved Drugs For Cardiovascular Disease
- Compound Shows Promise Against Intractable Heart Failure
- Researchers Find Air Pollution Linked To Progression Of Atherosclerosis
- Heart-Assist Device Helped Ready 16-Year-Old For Successful Surgery
- Seven Signs That May Warn Of A Rare Heart Condition
discovery, drug discovery, discovery operations, discovery probation, discovery biotech, discovery biotechs, discovery programs, discovery research, bangalore discovery, narcotic discovery