Endeavour Drug-Eluting Stent Is Elementary To Be given CE Mark For Treating Acute Coronary Syndrome
/* 468x60, */
Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE: MDT), announced that its Endeavor drug-eluting stent (DES) is the first and particular coronary stent to acquire received CE (ConformitĆ EuropĆ ene) Point approval for treating patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS), which includes unstable quinsy and acute myocardial infarction (AMI), commonly known as passion attack.
Medtronic is launching the unique ACS indication for the Endeavor DES nowadays at PCR, a large and prestigious international assemblage of interventional cardiologists. At this cattle call today, Prof. Martin Rothman of the London Chest Hospital in the U.K. released positive new 12ā month data from the international realā world registry Eā Five glance at (n=8,314) that array comparable outcomes for Endeavor DES patients with and without ACS .
"Considering the distinctive safety copy of the Endeavor stent, this indication for ACS makes perfect sense," said Prof. Rothman. "Results from the Eā Five study brace the employ of the Endeavor stent in realā world clinical practice, including ACS patients."
Clinical research shows that ACS patients are at higher risk of stent thrombosis and mortality than nonā ACS patients. ACS is a mingled disease state for which drugā eluting
stents are sometimes avoided due to concerns over longā expression safety and patient compliance with antiplatelet medication.
"Of critical consequence for safety, the biocompatibility of the Endeavor stent allows rapid and complete curative of the vessel wall," explained Sean Salmon, vise president and general boss of Medtronic CardioVascular's Coronary and Peripheral business. "We believe that this healthy healing is the key to longā period safety and efficacy."
The Eā Five scan demonstrated no statistically meaningful antithesis on the influential endpoint - the scale of greater adverse cardiac events (MACE) at one year - between ACS patients (7.8 percent, n=3,973) and nonā ACS patients (7.2 percent, n=4,341). Rates of death, MI and behind stent thrombosis (LST) at one year were similarly low and comparable between the two groups.
- Allā cause mortality - 2.7% ACS, 2.2%, nonā ACS
- Cardiac death - 2.0% ACS, 1.5% nonā ACS
- MI - 1.8% ACS, 1.5% nonā ACS
- Cardiac death + MI - 3.4% ACS, 2.7% nonā ACS
- LST (ARC def/prob) - 0.5% ACS, 0.3% nonā ACS
Low and analogous rates of customary efficacy measures were again observed, including target lesion revascularization (TLR), target vessel revascularization (TVR) and intention vessel failure (TVF). On all these measures, there were no statistically significant differences between the ACS and nonā ACS groups.
Medtronic's Endeavor stent originally received the CE mark in Aug 2005 as a treatment for coronary artery disease. This latest approval enables Medtronic to bazaar the Endeavor DES specifically for ACS patients in the European Union, and all other countries that realize the CE Mark. These countries act not include the United States or Japan, where the Endeavor DES is also commercially available on the other hand is not indicated for ACS patients.
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- Use Of Statins Increases The Risk Of Developing Type 2 Diabetes But Reduces Coronary Events
- Heart Failure Worse When Right Ventricle Goes Bad
- Cooling Inflammation For Healthier Arteries
- Experts Identify Why Women And African Americans Face A Greater Risk Of Dying From Heart Disease Than White Men And What Can Be Done About It
- New Book Helps Pharmacists Play Larger Role In Heart Health
- Novel Screening Technique Identifies New Effects Of Approved Drugs For Cardiovascular Disease
- Compound Shows Promise Against Intractable Heart Failure
- Researchers Find Air Pollution Linked To Progression Of Atherosclerosis
- Heart-Assist Device Helped Ready 16-Year-Old For Successful Surgery
- Seven Signs That May Warn Of A Rare Heart Condition
acs, acs patients, acs nonā, nonā acs, death acs, syndrome acs, research acs, acs makes, acs includes, acs indication