Accumetrics, Inc. Announces 1000th Patient Enrolled In GRAVITAS Research
/* 468x60, */
Accumetrics, Inc. announces that it has enrolled its 1,000th patient into its landmark clinical trial, GRAVITAS (Gauging Responsiveness with A VerifyNow(R) Assay Impact on Thrombosis And Safety). The trial is specifically designed to evince the worth of providing clinicians with actionable information for patients who are impoverished responders to clopidogrel (Plavix(R)). The multi-center, placebo controlled proof testament determine if tailored antiplatelet therapy for deficient responders, identified based on the results of the company's VerifyNow P2Y12 Test, reduces extensive cardiovascular adverse events (e.g., heart attack, stent thrombosis) consequent percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). Currently the trial is activity conducted at expanded than 70 sites in the U.S. and Canada, with a complete enrolment goal of enclosing 2,800 patients.
"This is a very significant milestone for Accumetrics as it brings us ever-closer to our goal of demonstrating the assessment of the VerifyNow System. By identifying and adjusting therapy for patients that are not responding adequately to guideline doses of clopidogrel, GRAVITAS will be the largest multi-center clinical probation that links testing with personalized medicine and improved outcomes. We believe that the VerifyNow Step will be seen as an integral tool in ensuring that patients admit not exclusive the most adapted antiplatelet therapy, but too the adequate dose," said Jeff Dahlen, Ph.D, Vice President, Clinical and Regulatory Affairs of Accumetrics, Inc. "We are very gorgeous to extent this milestone, and look forward to completing enrollment soon, and sharing the results."
The brain wave of variability in response to antiplatelet therapy has been well established. The inquisition of whether poor response to antiplatelet therapy, as measured by a laboratory test, leads to impecunious outcomes is also being demonstrated with increased frequency. However, Accumetrics recognizes the occasion for a announce specifically designed to exhibit the reward of providing clinicians with actionable confidence to improve outcomes for those patients who are evil responders to antiplatelet therapy. As a result, the GRAVITAS glance at is the first multi-center, placebo-controlled study to arbitrate whether tailor-made antiplatelet therapy based on the results of the company's VerifyNow Development reduces higher cardiovascular adverse events post-PCI.
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- Use Of Statins Increases The Risk Of Developing Type 2 Diabetes But Reduces Coronary Events
- Heart Failure Worse When Right Ventricle Goes Bad
- Cooling Inflammation For Healthier Arteries
- Experts Identify Why Women And African Americans Face A Greater Risk Of Dying From Heart Disease Than White Men And What Can Be Done About It
- New Book Helps Pharmacists Play Larger Role In Heart Health
- Novel Screening Technique Identifies New Effects Of Approved Drugs For Cardiovascular Disease
- Compound Shows Promise Against Intractable Heart Failure
- Researchers Find Air Pollution Linked To Progression Of Atherosclerosis
- Heart-Assist Device Helped Ready 16-Year-Old For Successful Surgery
- Seven Signs That May Warn Of A Rare Heart Condition
accumetrics, accumetrics inc, research accumetrics, accumetrics brings, accumetrics recognizes, affairs accumetrics, source accumetrics, however accumetrics, milestone accumetrics