Edwards Lifesciences Receives FDA Approval For New Heart Valve
/* 468x60, */
Edwards Lifesciences Corporation (NYSE: EW), the heavenly body leader in the science of emotions valves, nowadays announced that it has received approval from the U.S. Refreshment and Drug Administration (FDA) for the Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT Magna Support aortic valve, designed for easier implantation in the heart. The gathering is introducing this valve, as fresh as the Harbour ACCESS EndoDirect minimally invasive surgery system, at the American Convention for Thoracic Surgery's (AATS) 89th Annual Audience in Boston this week.
The fresh valve includes a low profile and smooth commissure posts to cooperate insertion through small incisions or baby aortic roots.
"The Magna Facilitate valve sets a new principles for tissue valves, by combining enhanced implantability with the unsurpassed hemodynamics and long-term durability of bovine pericardial tissue," said cardiac surgeon Michael J. Mack, M.D., founder of CSANT, a cardiology and cardiac surgery familiarity in Dallas, Texas, and a paid consultant to Edwards Lifesciences.
Too at the AATS annual meeting, Edwards is introducing the PORT ACCESS EndoDirect System, which allows cardiac surgeons to location a patient's affection and keep it at rest for the growth of the heart valve procedure without an cut down the middle of the chest. In procedures such as mitral valve repair and replacement, the EndoDirect Course provides a minimally invasive alternative for open aortic cannulation when femoral access (groin cannulation) is not an option.
"Edwards' modern offerings are designed to give cardiac surgeons further choices in tailoring procedures based on their preferred surgical approach and the needs of their patients," said Donald E. Bobo, Jr., Edwards' corporate vise president, love valve therapy.
Edwards' representatives and data about the Magna Ease aortic valve and the EndoDirect System will be available at Booth #303 at the AATS 2009 meeting, May 10-12 in Boston.
/* 468x60, */
Last relative articles:
- Use Of Statins Increases The Risk Of Developing Type 2 Diabetes But Reduces Coronary Events
- Heart Failure Worse When Right Ventricle Goes Bad
- Cooling Inflammation For Healthier Arteries
- Experts Identify Why Women And African Americans Face A Greater Risk Of Dying From Heart Disease Than White Men And What Can Be Done About It
- New Book Helps Pharmacists Play Larger Role In Heart Health
- Novel Screening Technique Identifies New Effects Of Approved Drugs For Cardiovascular Disease
- Compound Shows Promise Against Intractable Heart Failure
- Researchers Find Air Pollution Linked To Progression Of Atherosclerosis
- Heart-Assist Device Helped Ready 16-Year-Old For Successful Surgery
- Seven Signs That May Warn Of A Rare Heart Condition
valve, heart valve, valve edwards, aortic valve, valve procedure, valve sets, valve designed, valve includes, valve fresh, valve endodirect